29 October 2018

Change the World Perth

I did something different today. I had a whole day where I was truthful in all conversations and present in all interactions. It was with a handful of people that were also, as truthful in a power charged room of energy. It was delightful. I was my true self. It was the #changetheworldevent in Perth by @HancockCreativeWhat an amazing day that echoed something I’ve hesitated and paused over, now for a year. The importance of telling the stories of why we do what we do. In telling the right story.

I am at the#changetheworldevent and @nickbowditch has challenged me by asking “what would I do if I wasn’t afraid?  So I’m tagging @Rebecca Dettman and @Jane Donovan  because I really respect them and want them to know about my cause, whatisnormal9.blogspot.com/ and the work that I do. Well Jane, right now you got me thinking about the traights you’ve taught so many, about the #highlysensitiveperson but also the gifts that come with being one.  And dear Bec, you first gave me a voice on Soul Doctor

Alicia please realise that though I left early, it was because I had already experienced as much as I could and I acknowledged I was now needing to withdraw. Withdraw from the sheer number of people and the volume to be in quiet and process it all. Today I felt inspired, honoured, empowered and motivated. This event did more for me, individually as a person, behind the hat I wear at work. I’ve not really been able to fully own the experiences I’ve been through lately. I haven't known how and so I leave a lot unsaid at times. I do have a cause and a powerful journey of lived experience. Of self realisation, discovery and meaning. This came through after two lengthy episodes of depression, 15 years apart. I did a lot in those 15 years.

Why have I been afraid about sharing this?  A lot of it comes down to, what will people think?   I've started to realise, that my audience is not my family,  it is not my colleagues. Its the people who are trying to understand, live with or support someone living with depression. It is people who are curious in finding another way and it is for people that believe they can possibly be the captain of their own future. There are a lot of people that want to hope, that want to believe change is possible. I believe it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment